After trying this recipe, I may never make spinach artichoke dip the same way again. And if you believe that, I’ll give you a dollar.
My love of slow cookers is well documented and universally known. After all, I am the proud owner of four. So anytime I come across a recipe that utilizes one of my favorite kitchen appliances (next to my mixers, of course…) I sit up and take note. And this dip has the definite distinction of being multi-purpose. Not only did we enjoy it straight from the crockpot, I was feeling creative one night and stuffed a few jalapeños to see how they’d turn out.
In a word? awesome …
Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip – adapted form Damn Delicious
- 1 (14-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded smoked chipotle Gouda cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
Combine all the ingredients in the slow cooker. Cook on low for 90 minutes, stirring every so often. Remove the lid and keep on the “warm” setting to serve.